Thursday, June 19, 2008

Time to Move On...

I'm savoring my last hour here in the spacious apartment where I've stayed with my host family for almost a week now. I'll miss this view from their 7th floor balcony where I am sitting right now, enjoying the fresh morning air and the city scene buzzing to life below me.
I'll miss, as well, the delicious meals that my host mother has cooked for me every day since I arrived.
Yesterday's meal was my favorite, some kind of clear, glossy noodles which Aisha explained were made of sweet potato, mixed with red pepper strips, crushed sesame seeds, and several varieties of mushrooms, most of which I didn't recognize. I'm hoping that I can visit my "family" again, and perhaps exchange some cooking lessons -- Eastern for Western -- with the chef of the house :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: