Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Upgrading Your Weblog Experience :)

I've been playing around with my weblog, trying to make it a little more user-friendly and curious to add some features that you, my readers, might enjoy. The live traffic feed, for instance, or clocks broadcasting the current time from a number of international time zones, or even the auto-play playlist feed. (Doesn't music somehow make everything a bit better?)

Months ago, I became a fan of a raw food website called Gone Raw, which had one incredibly cool feature: you could browse recipes not only by the standard search box, but also by clicking on any of the hyperlinked words in what I later learned was a "label cloud." I thought it might be cool to add this little feature to my weblog, and was able to find a tutorial for configuring a label cloud that, although a bit intimidating, I was somehow able to follow successfully.

If you look to the right sidebar, you'll notice the label cloud, which contains keywords I've pulled from my blog posts to date. Click on any one of them, and it will take you to other postings tagged with the same label.

And in case you're interested in adding the same to your weblog, check out this link for the how-to.

No comments: